Technical Lead Mechanical Engineer
London or Amsterdam
£80,000 to £100,000 + £7,000 car allowance + pension + healthcare + bonus + fringe benefits
Real Estate firm which specialises in the Datacentre market are seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer to work from their London or Amsterdam office within the newly formed Technical team. The division leads on all technical issues across the full life cycle of hyper-scale datacentre facilities through design, build and on-going management working in partnership with leading US tech firms..
The business is fully backed by a global multi-billion-pound business and offers major Technology firms a fully outsourced end-to-end solution for their critical facilities from site planning & acquisition through datacentre design & construction, facility management and on-going ownership of the asset. Already engaged in 60 MW development in Europe their business plan is to build 8 hyper-scale datacentre facilities across Europe by 2024.
The successful Lead Mechanical Engineer will report into the Technical Director becoming the technical expert for all issues surrounding Mechanical Engineering Systems throughout the building’s full life cycle with involvement through Design, Build and Operation. Providing a strategic overview your responsibilities will include;
* Technical Governance on all aspects of Mechanical Building Services Engineering across their datacentre portfolio,
* Defining Mechanical Engineering requirements and communicating this to the supply chain including Design Consultants, Main Contractor and specialist suppliers,
* Working with end customers understanding their requirements,
* Developing a technical blueprint for the Mechanical Engineering elements to new datacentre facilities and seeking to continually improve inline with technological advances,
* Visit sites during construction stages to review technical compliance of installations,
* Act as a point of escalation for all technical issues relating to Mechanical Building Services systems throughout the life cycle of the facilities,
The position suits a technical expert in Mechanical Building Services Engineering who has gained experience within the design, build or operation of critical facilities. You will also hold the following;
* Degree educated in a related Mechanical or Building Services Engineering subject,
* Hold Chartered Engineer status or be close to securing,
* Gained experience at different stages of the building life cycle be it design, build or on-going operation,