Senior Technical Services Manager
Up to £90,000 + travel allowance + pension + private health care
Technical Services Managers with experience on Health Care or Life Science projects will enjoy working for a Tier 1 contractor on a highly technical development in the heart of London. Lead M&E delivery on this cutting-edge project, interrogate design for completeness and provide guidance in the production of the project programmes. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading contractor in the delivery of a state-of-the-art facility, allowing you to become an industry recognised specialist.
A very well-known name in the construction industry, this major Tier 1 contractor are leaders in their field, excelling in complex engineering environments. With fantastic career progression opportunities available and a number of the current leaders in the business products of that, the route to Senior Management from this level of role is a well-trodden path. Take the next step in your career with this employer.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Take ownership for M&E delivery on a significant project.
- To interrogate the design for completeness and quality and identify any value engineering opportunities at all design stages.
- To drive off site fabrication and modern methods of construction.
- To provide guidance in the production of the project programmes.
- To provide effective and timely assistance, advice and support during the project, and oversee the project teams responsible for producing it.
- To contribute to the regular Project Report, and Project Meetings where appropriate.
- To attend, and chair where appropriate, meetings with the Client, the designers, specialist contractors and other team members.
- To pro-actively monitor Health & Safety processes and behaviours ensuring compliance with safety management systems.
- Experience at Senior Technical Services Manager / Senior MEP Manager level of projects in excess of £10m MEP value.
- Preferably experience in the higher education sector.
- Understanding of and passion for prefabrication and off-site manufacturing.
- Understands the pre-construction process. Can organise and manage the design phase of a project. Help prepare and maintain the client decision matrix.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction process.
- Understands the pre-construction process. Can organise and manage the design phase of a project.
- Understanding of how to comply with a Health & Safety policy and Health & Safety management system.
Keywords: Technical Services, Building Services, Health Care, Life Science, Research Facilities, Mechanical, Electrical, Higher Education, Construction, Pre-Fabrication, Off-site Manufactuiring