Senior Project Manager
Competitive Salary + Overseas Package
*Candidates must be flexible to work on longer than normal rotations (5 weeks on 1 week off) due to travel restrictions and must hold EU passports to be considered for this role
Senior Project Managers with experience in the Data Centre market will enjoy working for this market leading contractor on a Hyperscale Data Centre facility in Sweden. Manage the overall delivery of the Data Centre facility for a major Blue-Chip client in a General Contractor role including CSA and MEP delivery. Fantastic opportunity to lead a landmark project for this organisation, becoming and industry recognised specialist.
Now stepping into the General Contracting role, this contractor has gone from strength to strength within the Data Centre market and are now a very reliable and desirable employer and a key part of the supply chain for many large organisations. With an industry leading training and development budget as well as an expert team, they’re in a strong position to take your career to the next step.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overall Main Contractor management responsibility for the programme of works which includes the MEP and CSA fit-out of an existing building
- Co-ordination of CSA, Electrical, Mechanical, Communications & Security work packages.
- Management of the project schedule through to commissioning completion and handover
- Ensure alignment of Client supplied equipment with the project schedule
- Ensure alignment of multiple vendors and subcontractors with the project schedule
Chair Client meetings
- Oversee the management of vendors and subcontractors to ensure a high level of quality with minimal defects
- Attend internal meetings with sub-contractors
- Cost responsibility for the project and negotiation of costs with the Client
- Experience in the management of labour costs and manpower levels
- Review and issue of weekly reports to both the Client and internally
- Oversee effective design management
- Liaise with the Client Operations team both in terms of project handover and also in relation to an operational building and the associated live services
- Liaise with design team to ensure necessary information is prioritised and issued is issued in accordance with construction schedule.
- Degree qualified in an Engineering discipline essential
- At least 15 years working experience with a minimum of 3 years Data Centre experience in a senior management role essential
- Experience, understanding and a working knowledge of multiple disciplines, including CSA and in particular MEP required
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and within budgets
Keywords: Data Centre, Data Center, Datacentre, Datacenter, MEP, CSA, Mechanical, Electrical, Sweden, Project Management