Senior Electrical Engineer
Up to €62,000 + package
Building Services engineers from an Electrical background will enjoy working on technically challenging, complex engineering projects for a market leader in M&E Engineering, in the heart of the Irish capital. Lead and develop technical design on a range of Data Centre projects, manage and deliver projects across the European region, develop technically and progress your career at a market leading Engineering Consultancy. With an impressive client portfolio and a very stable environment (even in the current market) this position provides a unique opportunity in this market.
Following a recent acquisition, this leading M&E Consultancy is now part of Global Leader in the design of Data Centre facilities continues to grow and go from strength to strength. With an unrivalled client portfolio and extraordinary staff retention figures of over 90%, they are seeking to further grow their team in Dublin area to manage their high workload. Join this market leader to grow and develop your career.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lighting design using Dialux
- MV/LV MCC design including, SLD preparation, breaker sizing, overload settings etc.
- MV/LV cable sizing
- Containment sizing
- Emergency lighting design to current regulations
- Fire-alarm design to current regulations
- Preparation of electrical designs and draughting of same (lighting/floor plans, etc.)
- Checking of electrical drawings
- Site work, dealing with clients/electrical contractors
- Attendance at site meetings
- Estimating values of both completed works and where required approximate values of any additional works
- Snag list preparation (of installed works)
- 10 years’ experience in a consulting engineering office or in an engineering role within a manufacturing company with a heavy design emphasis.
- Candidates will also need to be proficient in CAD, Word, Excel, and must be familiar with electrical engineering design software suites such as Amtech or Easypower or PTW etc. Experience with BIM/Revit systems is essential.
- Will have been involved on various projects including data centre, biopharma / pharma, medical devices, food and drink sectors.
- It is imperative that the successful candidate be familiar with MV & LV power distribution and fully conversant current Irish Regulations e.g. ET-101:2008 (National Rules for Electrical Installations)