Senior Design Manager
Up to £80,000 + package
Design Managers from a Civil / Architectural background will enjoy working for a Tier 1 Contractor on the delivery of a cutting-edge Laboratory Facility, moving on to tender for other projects after completion. Take full responsibility for the design coordination of large projects, assist in the production of pre-qualification and tender submissions, ensure wider construction programme is kept on track with efficient design solutions. This role provides an opportunity to become a specialist in a highly complex area of engineering.
A very well-known name in the construction industry, this major Tier 1 contractor are leaders in their field, excelling in complex engineering environments. With fantastic career progression opportunities available and a number of the current leaders in the business products of that, the route to Senior Management from this level of role is a well-trodden path. Take the next step in your career with this employer.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Take full responsibility for the design coordination of large projects.
- Audit the design and identify inconsistencies, discrepancies and missing information and record, report and track the close out of these items in an Information Required Schedule format.
- Take responsibility for the production and control of the design programme and report against it.
- Chair design workshops with the trade contractors, develop the design, workshop drawings and manage the coordination between trades.
- Review design development regularly with the Financial Manager to ensure design and commercial aspects are aligned.
- Chair Design Team Meetings with the consultant designers and record and track information from DTM’s.
- Coordinate the integration of the building services with the architectural and structural elements of the project.
- Has been involved in at least one technically complex project (e.g science, healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, clean room).
- Prior design management experience
- Civil, Structural, Architectural or M&E qualifications
- Must be able to display an understanding of building construction and sequence and challenge the design to ensure statutory compliance, good practice and to enhance and ensure coordination and buildability is addressed.
- In-depth knowledge of the design and construction process, both refurbishment and fit out.
Keywords: Design Manager, Design Management, Civil, Structural, Architectural, Architect, Laboratories, Labs, health, Science