Seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join a Global Engineering Consultancy within their Central London office, and whom is seeking an opportunity to work on diverse engineering lead projects within the built environment. You will be joining the Development team focussing on commercial, residential and retail markets with projects ranging from large new build work space and residential projects, hotel fit outs and existing building refurbishments. The vast and interesting pipeline of projects for this fast-growing team gives a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to prove themselves and develop their leadership skills.
Joining at either Senior Engineer level you will take ownership of your own projects and be self-sufficient, from establishing and developing the client’s brief, through to developing concepts and leading the successful delivery of the design brief. The role will also include mentoring more junior design engineers to ensure successful completion of projects. Duties will incorporate the following;
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope for all projects with your Group Leader,
- Assist Group Leader with monitoring engineering / CAD resource requirement for each project within your control,
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved,
- Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant,
- Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks,
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business,
Mechanical Design Engineers who are looking to be considered will must possess the following;
- Formal qualifications in mechanical or building services engineering to at least HND level,
- Extensive experienced in design & specification mechanical services for building developments,
- Proven experience working within a client facing role attending client and design team meetings,
- Able to demonstrate exceptional communication skills both written and verbal,
- Currently hold a British / EU passport or a current valid UK work permit.