Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to £75,000
Seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join a Multi-Disciplinary Building Services Engineering consultancy in their London office. You will be joining a team of engineers engaged on Critical Environment projects throughout the UK and Europe taking ownership of your own projects and managing the operational activity of the Mechanical team whilst developing your skills within the area with a clear view and opportunity and career progression for the right candidate.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Produce engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate technical software
- Prepare technical reports in accordance with clients’ briefs
- Attend and participate in internal and external project meetings
- Correspond with external third parties (e.g. clients, contractors, architects and/or manufacturers) regarding information and technical queries
- Delegate work to Technicians and/or Graduate Engineers as required, and provide feedback on completed work
- Maintain awareness of the performance of projects against agreed project plans and budgets, at a level appropriate to role
- Opportunity to take some real ownership of your own projects being given the autonomy to manage and deliver within the Mission Critical area;
- Working closely with the Directors of the practice, your opinion will be valued and be given a real opportunity to affect the direction of the company;
- Relevant Qualifications i.e. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Ideally of chartered status.
- Experience within Data Centre engineering is preferred, will consider experience within other Critical Environments
- Previous experience within a consultancy environment.
- Ability to manage and track numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanour and think clearly in a difficult, stressful or troubling situation.
- Excellent communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients.
- Ability to understand/produce detailed technical drawings.
If you’re interested, please get in touch: email@example.com / 02033554054