Ref: CU - 01629_1564668769
Hyperscale Datacentre Build
Salary subject to experience
Excellent opportunity for a Project Director to join a major main contractor engaged on Hyperscale Data Centre Construction projects in Europe. Working directly with a forward-thinking and innovative start-up in the development of a new business model, you will lead the project from the Main Contractors view in a set supply-chain where risk and reward are shared by all stakeholders in the project. Head quartered in Central London they are already engaged on a hyper-scale facility in mainland Europe, and their business plan is to build 8 hyper-scale datacentre facilities across Europe by 2024.
Joining as a Project Director the successful individual will lead the construction of their next hyper-scale datacentre, with an early involvement in the design process as a result of the set supply-chain, allowing a more streamlined process with faster lead time to completion. Undertaking leadership of the main-contractor construction team and subcontractors, you will ensure the successful, cost efficient and timely delivery of the project and provide assistance with the handover to the FM Division.
Key areas of responsibilities will incorporate;
* Provide project direction through every stage ensuring successful delivery,
* Enable and providing as necessary, effective risk management and problem resolution.
* Manage a professional team and supplier relationships for assigned projects,
* To ensure adequate resources for the assigned projects, with the appropriate levels of skill, especially for design and engineering, facilitating skills transfer with the assigned project team staff to develop their recruitment, selection and resourcing capability,
* To proactively set health & safety standards and culture for all assigned projects and to take appropriate action where necessary to reduce safety risk,
* Lead project reporting process ensuring reliable and accurate information is provided,
* Proactively manage and monitor programmes, change process and financial reporting to minimise risk,
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and supply chain organisations,
The position suits a highly experienced Construction professional who is currently operating at Senior Manager or Director level, for a Main Contractor, Consultancy or Client-side. You will possess an extensive background within a Construction or Engineering Project Management role, gaining exposure on technical building / critical facility projects (datacentre build being highly beneficial), valued to at least £100m. Qualifications to degree level in a related engineering, construction, architecture or similar.