Project Director with a background in the build of mission critical facilities sought to join a new venture within the hyper-scale datacentre space working for a datacentre owner operator, who are backed by a global multi-million-pound business. Focused within the hyper-scale market they partner with leading technology firms providing completely outsourced hyper-scale datacentre facilities, from site acquisition through datacentre design & construction to on-going ownership and management of the facility. Based out of London they are already engaged on a hyper-scale facility in mainland Europe, and have a business plan is to build 8 hyper-scale datacentre facilities across Europe by 2024.
Joining as a Project Director the successful individual will take ownership of the building contract & development agreement for a hyper-scale datacentre, managing the project through to practical completion and hand over to the operations team. Working closely with the end user you will lead a client-side project delivery team and in partnership with a professional supply chain through to completion and hand over to the FM operations division.
Key areas of responsibilities will incorporate;
* Provide leadership to a project delivery team,
* On behalf of the Client, administer the terms of the Development Agreement and Building Contract
* Provide quality leadership and guidance,
* Attend the relevant meetings to stay appraised of the relevant project conditions. The meetings will include, but not be limited to, Design team, Scheduling (Programme), Commercial, Risk and Quality.
* Work alongside the Technical, Scheduling and Operational leads to ensure that the relevant approval are given in a timely fashion, and the project risks are being proactively managed
* Work alongside the commercial management team to assist in the commercial success of the development and in the production of monthly spend and forecasts reports,
* Assist / Lead in the resolution disputes
* Assist in managing the Customer relationship, maintaining excellent communications and a positive attitude throughout the team
* Develop procedures and make efficient processes for submitting and progressing applications, valuations and certificates and for resolving any errors and/ or queries that may arise in connection with them.
* Agree the Date for completion, and the site Ready for Service date, and issue the relevant documentation
* Work with the Operations and FM team to move the project from a delivery phase, to an operational phase
The position suits a Chartered Surveyor or Project Manager within over 10 years Construction experience and mostly likely will be operating at Senior Manager or Director level, for a Main Contractor, Consultancy or Client-side. Additionally, to be considered you will hold the following;
* Experienced in the delivery of technical building projects, ideally with a bias towards Building Services Engineering,
* Major project exposure of at least £100m plus,
* Possess an understanding of development agreements and building contracts – ideally on datacentre developments although this isn’t essential,
* Hold a degree in a relevant industry discipline,
The position is open to those either living / looking to live in the local area or those seeking to commute in on a weekly basis. For those commuting weekly a secondment package is available in addition to their standard package.
* Basic to £110,000
* Car allowance £8,500
* Pension 6% company contribution
* Life assurance
* Private medical to include family
* 25 days annual leave
* Weekly flights
* Accommodation and bills
* Access to a car
* £500 net monthly living allowance