Project Director – Data Centre Construction
Up to £130,000 + package
London with regular travel to Europe
Our client, a major Tier 1 contractor, are seeking to appoint a Project Director to assist in the delivery of Hyperscale Data Centre facilities across Europe from Tender phase, right through Construction to Completion and hand over to the client. Leading the building and services engineering design/procurement/construction and installation process to minimise risks associated with this to the project and to the company.
Fantastic opportunity for someone to take ownership of this specialist division within one of the most buoyant sectors within the Construction industry at the moment. The team you’ll be joining integrates the skills from the client, main contractor and subcontractors to deliver the projects as partners opposed to the traditional general contracting model. You will be involved in winning work, effective resourcing, project set up & close out, H&S, quality, risk management and people management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Select, with divisional leadership, appropriate skills to prepare and lead proposals and presentations to win projects
- Work with our client to support initial development appraisal, planning option, permitting requirements, and support to maximise future opportunities.
- Plan skill requirements for assigned projects, managing and personally working with the project teams to recruit and select quality employees within budget and headcount (permanent and where necessary, agency or freelance), adhering to company recruitment and selection processes and agency preferred suppliers
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with client, owners and directors of supply chain organisations and suppliers on all assigned projects, attending divisional trade contractor meetings and providing support in effective management of supply chain
- You will need experience of working on £50m+ projects for a main contractor, desirably on high containment/ hyper-scale projects such as Data Centres, Pharmaceuticals, Power Plants etc.
- Committed to working in various parts of Europe and happy to travel on a regular basis.
- You’ll be driven and able to work with everyone from subcontractor to client.
- Experience on Projects from tender phase right through to completion