Principal Project Manager
£65,000 – £75,000
Project / Design Managers from a MEP or CSA background will enjoy working for a Global Leader in the design of market leading data centre facilities in the UK and Europe. As Design Manager, you will lead projects, gain unique exposure into this buoyant market and take ownership of the running and coordination of the various design disciplines.
This rapidly growing organisation is now dominating the Data Centre design market. With growth expectations around 20-30% annually and a diverse project portfolio both geographically and technically, it does not come as a surprise that their staff retention rate stands well over 90%
You will have the ability to provide and maintain high quality client facing relationships and internal management, team leadership and project delivery whilst acting with integrity and high professional standards.
Responsibilities to include:
- Carry out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of fee bids
- Review status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with, and provides advice to client
- Collaborate with and coach the design team through the design stage on the basis that the design team are the experts and put forward recommended solutions that localise the clients design principles to the subject sites
- Manage virtual design teams working across multiple times zones
- BEng in appropriate engineering discipline desirable
- MCIBSE/MIEE/IMechE Professional Membership desirable
- Chartered Engineer status desirable
- Proven experience intaking a project requirement, typically for a new hyperscale availability zone comprising of one to three sites from the real estate due diligence phase to 100% design phase in circa a 20-25week timescale period desirable
- Experience in project management and MEP engineering track record with some experience of data centres or other heavily engineered buildings e.g. pharma, process, hospital,