Up to €70,000
London or Paris
Currently seeking a Principal Engineer with a Mechanical or Electrical bias to join a Building Services Engineering consultancy engaged on a number of projects within the Data Centre market. Based out of their London office or new Paris office, you will work closely with their design team in London and one of their biggest clients in Paris, with an opportunity to help build and develop their team in Paris as they grow. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business going through the fastest period of growth since their inception, with the potential to play a major role in the growth of this business in France.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with team based in London in the delivery of designs for Data Centre facilities in France, using your knowledge of French building regulations.
- Liaise with client and manufacturers to ensure successful project delivery, with the opportunity to work in the clients Paris office as a Design Manager.
- Produce engineering designs, calculations, and specifications, using appropriate technical software
- Prepare technical reports in accordance with clients’ briefs
- Attend and participate in internal and external project meetings
- Correspond with external third parties (e.g. clients, contractors, architects and/or manufacturers) regarding information and technical queries
- Delegate work to Technicians and/or Graduate Engineers as required, and provide feedback on completed work
- Maintain awareness of the performance of projects against agreed project plans and budgets, at a level appropriate to role
- Must be able to travel frequently between London and Paris.
- Hold a degree or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical, Building Services or relatable engineering field
- Experience in the design of Data Centre or Mission Critical facilities
- Fluent in English and French