Principal Electrical Design Engineer
Up to £65,000
Seeking a Principal Electrical Design Engineer to join a Niche Building Services Engineering consultancy in their London office. Going through the fastest period of growth since their inception as a result of recent success on some large-scale technical projects, they’re now looking to bolster their team with passionate, technically savvy engineers with a clear progression opportunity available for the right candidates. You will be joining a strong team of engineers engaged, primarily, on projects within the Critical Environment as well as some Residential and Commercial throughout the UK and Europe. Reporting to the Directors of the practice, you will be given the autonomy to take responsibility for your own projects within this rapidly expanding team.
- Produce engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate technical software
- Prepare technical reports in accordance with clients’ briefs
- Attend and participate in internal and external project meetings
- Correspond with external third parties (e.g. clients, contractors, architects and/or manufacturers) regarding information and technical queries
- Delegate work to Technicians and/or Graduate Engineers as required, and provide feedback on completed work
- Maintain awareness of the performance of projects against agreed project plans and budgets, at a level appropriate to role
The ideal candidate for the role will have the following:
- Relevant Qualifications i.e. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Electrically biased with experience working with Critical Systems, UPS Systems, Controls etc.
- Experience working on critical systems projects to include data centre, pharmaceutical, hospital, or other clean room environments
- Chartership with a relevant institute is preferred but not essential
- Experience attending site and design meetings independently
- Ability to work autonomously without supervision
- Ideally of chartered status.
- French Speakers are looked at favourably
- Previous experience within a consultancy environment.
- Ability to understand/produce detailed technical drawings.