MEP Project Manager
Up to £95,000 + full secondment package
With the vision of providing best in class datacentre facilities our client, a uniquely placed Tier 1 contractor are searching for someone to join their team as an MEP Lead to oversee and manage the delivery of Hyperscale Data Centre facilities in Europe. Joining this new specialist division you will be working as part of a fully integrated supply chain in long-term partnership with a Hyperscale Data Centre Developer / Owner / Operator, on track to develop 8-10 facilities across Europe within the next 6-8 years.
As the successful MEP Lead, you will hold a Senior Management position manging the Engineering delivery on site from a management contractors’ point of view. This will involve chairing meetings with the Delivery Partners, Client and their Customers as well as managing the MEP Contractor. You will also be expected to have a hand in the commissioning and closeout phase of the project.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To take full responsibility for Engineering construction of a large Data Center project
- To suggest trade contractors, systems and manufacturers for Supply-chain team appraisal.
- To review design and shop drawings, the project programme and contribute where necessary.
- To offer high level strategic thinking at project level (lower level strategic input only is required for the skills area).
- To contribute information to the proposal team, if required.
- To attend and present at the “pitch”.
- To be aware of the existence of marketing relationships with external professionals and clients.
- To produce precise and succinct project reports.
- To take responsibility for strategic control of the programme.
- To take a lead role in the presentation of the project to the client.
What do you need:
- Recognised qualification in Electrical or Mechanical disciplines (preferably Mechanical)
- CSCS card holder
- Industry experience – track record of successful projects.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction process, preferably new build large scale based
- Has been involved at a senior level in medium (£10m+) and preferably at least one large (£20m+) project.
- Understanding of how to comply with a Health & Safety policy and Health & Safety management system
- Data Center experience