MEP CAD BIM Manager
Client side datacentre owner operator
£50,000 to £70,000 + Car Allowance + package
Real Estate firm which specialises in the Datacentre market are seeking a CAD BIM Manager with expertise in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering to work from their London or Amsterdam office. Joining the newly formed Technical team you will lead on all CAD & BIM issues across the full life cycle of hyper-scale datacentre facilities including design, build and on-going management.
A new venture the business is fully owned & backed by a global multi-billion-pound business and offers major Technology firms a fully outsourced end-to-end solution for their critical facilities. Owning the facilities, they lead from site planning & acquisition through datacentre design & construction, facility management and on-going operation of the asset. Already engaged in 60 MW development in Europe their business plan is to build 8 hyper-scale datacentre facilities across Europe by 2024.
The successful CAD BIM Manager will report into the Technical Director becoming the company’s expert for all CAD & BIM throughout the building’s full life cycle with involvement through Design, Build and Operation. Providing a strategic overview your responsibilities will include;
* Technical Governance on all aspects of CAD & BIM Systems across their datacentre portfolio,
* Identification and implementation of software to aid BIM strategy,
* Developing and implementing standards, processes & workflows to ensure a fluid BIM process,
* Review and comment on drawings completed by supply chain,
* Work with the engineering team to develop blue print for new datacentre builds with continuous improvement at the core of the approach,
* Work with the FM team to ensure CAD / BIM records are accurate and kept up to-date,
The position suits an expert in CAD / BIM with technical expertise in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering ideally with some exposure on critical facilities developments. You will also hold the following;
* Over 6 years within a related CAD / BIM role with experience at management level,
* Confident within a client facing role and attending Design team meetings,
* Gained experience at different stages of the construction process to include front-end design and during construction phases,