Mechanical Engineer – Data Centre Design
Up to £45,000
Seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a Building Services Engineering consultancy in their London office during their fastest period of growth to date. You will be joining a strong team of engineers engaged on projects, primarily in the Critical Environment as well as some Commercial and Residential projects throughout the UK and Europe. Reporting to the Directors of the Practice and the Senior Mechanical Associate, you will work on some highly technical and interesting projects developing your skills within the area, with a clear progression opportunity available.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Produce engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate technical software
- Prepare technical reports in accordance with clients’ briefs
- Attend and participate in internal and external project meetings
- Correspond with external third parties (e.g. clients, contractors, architects and/or manufacturers) regarding information and technical queries
- Maintain awareness of the performance of projects against agreed project plans and budgets, at a level appropriate to role
- Relevant Qualifications i.e. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering;
- Ideally of chartered status or desire to achieve;
- Previous experience within a consultancy environment, with 2+ years’ experience in Mechanical Building Services Design, ideally within the Data Centre or Critical Systems environment;
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanour and think clearly in a difficult, stressful or troubling situation.
- Excellent communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients.
- Ability to understand/produce detailed technical drawings.