Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, a leading consultancy within the Building Services Industry, is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer at intermediate/senior level to join their team in Croydon. With over 20 years’ experience delivering innovative building services solutions including technically diverse projects and requirements in a range of different industries and an impressive client list across the Data Centre, Commercial, Education, Historical, Retail, Residential, Mixed-Use and Fit-out markets.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to work on some very exciting projects within the Banking and Finance, Commercial and Retail industries.
Specifics of the role will vary depending on the project and industry, however key responsibilities will be:
- Assist and report to Director on project specific basis;
- Producing design specifications and technical drawings;
- Working to BS and EN standards;
- Attending meetings on site and potentially with client/end user;
- Monitoring on going designs so as to improve on future design;
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint;
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects and surveyors and in-house project teams;
- Designing site specific equipment as required;
- Attending a range of project groups and technical meetings;
- Working with detailed diagrams, plans and drawings
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Minimum HND Qualified, ideally within Mechanical Engineer or Building Services Engineering with at least +4 years of experience as an electrical design engineer in the building services industry,
- C-Eng Status preferable or a desire to achieve,
- Knowledge in the use of calculation software such as Amtech is highly desirable