Associate Mechanical Engineer
Up to £85,000
Seeking an Associate Mechanical Engineer to join a growing Building Services Engineering consultancy in their London office. You will be joining a team of engineers engaged on Critical Environment projects throughout the UK and Europe leading your own projects and managing the operational activity of the Mechanical team whilst developing your skills within the area with a clear view and opportunity and career progression for the right candidate.
- Work in a joint leadership capacity within a mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) discipline team providing design and technical advice in a project manager capacity on a wide range of projects.
- Supervise the completion of detailed designs and supervise the work of others in this function.
- Consider the feasibility of the project specific to the discipline and lead the overall feasibility study for the project
- Regularly brief the project team, explaining the appointment.
- Ensure contracts / letters of intent are in place for all projects before work begins.
- Review the detailed design programme and ensure that sufficient resource is available to complete the works.
- Opportunity to lead projects being given the autonomy to manage and deliver within the Mission Critical area;
- Working closely with the Directors of the practice, your opinion will be valued and be given a real opportunity to affect the direction of the company;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Achieved Chartership via an Engineering Council accredited honours degree or specific experience.
- German speaking language skills are highly desireable
- Minimum of HNC in Building services Engineering or applicable discipline and showing commitment to continue with higher education.
- Chartered Building Services Engineer.
- Experience working within the Critical Environment is desired, ideally within Data Centre engineering having led large scale projects previously;
- Previous experience within a consultancy environment.
- Ability to manage and track numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanour and think clearly in a difficult, stressful or troubling situation.
- Excellent communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients.
If you’re interested, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org / 02033554054