Principal Mechanical Design Engineer / Associate Mechanical Design Engineer / Mechanical Associate Engineer
Seeking a Principal or Associate Mechanical Design Engineer who wants to progress their technical ability becoming a technical expert in the design of complex hvac systems within the mission critical world. Joining the niche critical systems team of an international engineering consultancy that partners with clients that are committed to seeking the best engineering solution, want to continually improve the performance of their facilities, reduce build times and are actively engaged throughout the design & build process. Their portfolio covers developments across Europe & Scandinvia ranging from £10m to £1Bn, typically with clients across the Internet, Social Media and Datacentre sectors.
Reporting into a Divisional Partner the successful Associate Mechanical Engineer will perform a client facing role playing a pivotal role in ensuring the successful delivery of innovative mechanical design solutions on assigned projects. Your project portfolio will range from medium-sized datacentre developments in the UK to working on some of the world’s most notable hyper-scale datacentres.
- Preparation of fee proposal documents and fee calculations,
- Establish & develop client’s brief and agree deliverables,
- Manage & develop relationships with existing and prospective clients,
- Lead the conceptual design of complex mechanical systems that fulfil the client’s brief,
- Take responsibility for the technical control of projects, ensuring mechanical designs are technically sound,
- Review and verify designs produced by direct reports and/or other team members, providing feedback as required and signing off designs before they leave the Practice,
- Manage and control financial aspects of projects, co-ordinating input from other disciplines, and ensure that invoicing is carried out in accordance with agreed schedules
- Lead / participate in regular team meetings to ensure that direct reports and project team members are informed of key deliverables, deadlines, progress, issues & changes
- Monitor direct reports’ progress and development and provide feedback, support and guidance,
The position is offered to those that possess the following qualifications and experience;
- Presently hold CEng status or are on route to gain,
- Possess in-depth technical ability in the design of HVAC systems, must likely gained working for a consultancy,
- Will have gained sector experience working on engineering focused projects such as the Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Datacentre, Energy, Industrial, Manufacturing, Research or similar.
In return the successful individual will
- International career opportunities across their network of offices in UK, Europe, the Middle East, Australia and Asia,
- Clear path to progress to becoming a full partner within the business,
- Work for an Employer where you will be empowered with responsibility and fully supported in your professional development,
- The chance to play a leading role in the development of unique spaces for some of the World’s leading organisations,
Benefits package amongst the best in the sector