Global Engineering Consultancy seeking a Mechanical biased Associate Director to join and lead a team of MEP consultants working in the Built Environment. Having been established over 50 years ago they are now providing multi discipline consultancy around the world from business hubs in the UK, Dubai, India, Australia, Singapore, and the US.
The Associate Director will be at the technical forefront of the Mechanical Engineering joining a team of expert team of engineers with extensive experience in the delivery of both UK and International Workspace and Commercial projects including interesting projects for Chelsea FC, HSBC, General Motors and Qantas Airlines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor resource relative to each project monthly allowable fee expenditure, defining monthly CAD requirements and two-weekly engineering workload forecasts. Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved, via frequent design reviews with engineers
- Monitor contract staff or third-party appointments.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and contacts to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business. Manage client’s expectations and promote a team approach.
- Develop new business opportunities where appropriate and participate with company presentations.
- Motivate yourself and manage staff within group to build coherent high performing teams. Set objectives, monitor performance, coach and develop staff to optimise their potential.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
Skills & Requirements
- Extensive experience, especially in designing and managing projects, ideally 5-10 years’ industry experience.
- Experience of monitoring contract staff or third-party appointments would be desirable.
- Able to undertake computer modelling organise and direct the production of CAD drawings and correspond effectively with opposite numbers with other consultants.
- Skills in project managing on-going jobs with limited supervision are desirable.
- Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.