International Engineering Consultancy are seeking to appoint a Design Manager with a background as either a Mechanical or Electrical Design Engineer to work in their prestigious Central London office. The successful individual will undertake the Design Management of major projects focused within the mission critical sector across Europe and Scandinavia working directly with leading clients in the Social Media, Technology and Co-location Providers. Their current portfolio stretches across the UK, Denmark, Ireland and mainland Europe, and ranges from £50m retro fits, to specialise R&D work, through to a multi-phase development totally £1bn.
The successful Design Manager will be assigned to leading one of their major projects, taking a lead design role across all disciplines including; Architecture, HVAC, Electrical, Public Health, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, BMS, Fire Protection, Lighting and Security. Duties will include;
* Management and co-ordination of internal and external consultants / designers ensuring design briefs are achieved within agreed deliverables,
* Assist in the development of design briefs, agreeing scope and timeframes,
* Understand commercial risks and ensure smooth running of the design process from inception through to project completion to minimise,
* Take on lead client liaison role on all design issues,
* Lead on contract administration for assigned projects,
* Organise and chair design team meetings,
The post will ideally suit a Building Services Design Engineer (either mechanical or electrical bias) who has experience of working on major builds (£50m +), with experience as a lead engineer / project manager and whom is keen to move into a fulltime design / project management role. It is highly likely you will have achieved Chartered Engineer status and must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills. Experience in mission critical environments is advantageous although not essential and individuals with experience in a lead engineer or design / project management role gain on major construction projects are encouraged to apply.
In return the successful individual will be joining a private practice who not only offer the chance to work with some of the World’s most recognised firms but as a competitive salary / package as well as;
* Path through to Partner level,
* Commitment to continued professional and development for all staff,
* Flexible hours
* Modern working environment,