Lead R&D Engineer
Up to £75,000
Engineers with Research and Development experience will enjoy working in a brand-new team for a leading Mission Critical Design consultancy based out of Bicester. Develop new Mechanical design solutions for Data Centre projects, manage this leading-edge team for the implementation of new ideas and new technologies for Mechanical installations, systems and equipment. This role provides an opportunity to shape the future of engineering services in Data Centre facilities.
With an unrivalled client and project portfolio, this international business is on the front line of Data Centre engineering. With fantastic career progression opportunities and a market leading staff retention rate, this organisation will take your career to the next step by making you an expert in your field.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Leading the R&D engineering team
- Responsible for leading R&D engineering projects. Undertakes a role in the development and design of engineering services, implementing new ideas and new technologies for Mechanical installations, systems, equipment, etc. in data centres
- Researches new and emerging technologies (including renewables) in data centre engineering and where appropriate implement them into test designs
- Innovate new designs that aim to make the operational & construction environmental Impact of data centres as positive as possible. Target – The Net Zero Impact Data Centre
- Be at the forefront of new thinking for data centre design
- Create designs and engineering solutions that can then be implemented into client projects.
- Work with project teams to implement new solutions into live project designs.
- Keep the library of concept designs up to date with new solutions
- Present new design solutions both internally and to external clients
- Generate white papers and technical articles for publication
- Present innovative engineering ideas and solutions at industry events
- MSc/MEng or PHD in appropriate engineering discipline
- MCIBSE/MIEE or working towards Chartered Engineer status
- At least 5 years’ experience in the design of building services with at least 3 years’ experience in the design of data centres
- Ability to research
- An excellent understanding of Mechanical engineering from first principles
- Good understanding of BS EN standards / UK Regulations / Codes / UTI / UKGBC
Keywords: Mechanical Engineering, Research and Development, R&D, Data Centre, Data Center, Datacentre, Datacenter, Design, Mission Critical