Lead ICT Engineer
Competitive Salary + travel + flights + accommodation
*Candidates must hold EU passport or Dutch work permit to be eligible for this role
Electrical Engineers with Telecoms, ICT and/or Security experience on Data Centre projects will enjoy working for a leading MEP Contractor in the delivery of a large-scale Data Centre facility in the Dutch capital. Working closely with a blue-chip client from the very start of the project, this is a great opportunity to shape this project from an ICT perspective. Take this opportunity to work for a market leader on a major project in the Dutch capital!
This leading MEP contractor have taken big steps over the last few years in the Data Centre market and are now well known in the business. With a diverse project portfolio across a range of sectors, they’re now looking to expand their project team in the Netherlands with an experienced ICT Engineer to help with the delivery of one of their major projects. This is a great opportunity to become an industry recognised specialist!
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead Engineering Design and Design Management tasks on Projects as part of an integrated project team
- Design and specification of Telecom/ICT/Security Solutions to current regulations and design standards.
- Working directly with clients and project engineers to define project requirements and develop technical solutions
- Develop and agree design processes and design deliverables including detailed and accurate Bills of Materials.
- Lead Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including, design development, construction details, services coordination, technical submittals, sub-contracts, etc
- Assist in the continual improvement of QA/QC Systems and execute project reviews.
- Provide technical support to the estimating & commercial teams.
- Manage end to end procurement during project lifecycle
- Mentoring and coaching of more junior team members
Experience and Qualifications
- 7+ years’ experience in a similar role, with at least 5 years’ experience in a Lead Position.
- Experience on hyperscale data centres or other large-scale construction projects
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Telecom/ICT/Security Engineering & Design
- Advanced knowledge of fibre optic testing
- Excellent knowledge of internal and external telecoms infrastructure
- RCDD/CNIDP – BICSI Accreditation
- Electrical Engineering bachelor’s degree or related discipline
Keywords: ICT, Telecoms, Fibre, Security, Data Centre, Data Center, Datacentre, Datacenter, Construction, Installation, Electrical