Lead Commercial Manager
Up to €110,000 + Package
Commercial Managers with experience on large scale projects with a high M&E value will enjoy working for a Tier 1 contractor in the delivery of a large scale Data Centre project in Brussels, with the view to moving on to other Data Centre projects across Europe once completed. Lead the Commercials on a project with a Global Giant of a client, build and develop your commercial knowledge and skills with a view to becoming a specialist in your field for a leading Contractor.
A very well-known name in the construction industry, this major Tier 1 contractor are leaders in their field, excelling in complex engineering environments. With fantastic career progression opportunities available and a number of the current leaders in the business products of that progression, the route to Senior Management from this level of role is a well-trodden path. Take the next step in your career with this employer.
- To take active responsibility for all financial procedures in conjunction with the Commercial Director.
- Take a lead role in ensuring a Cashflow Flow is of an accuracy that allows the client to draw down on the correct project funding requirements each quarter.
- Assist in developing supply chain
- Be aware of element costings and costs/ft2.
- Develop initial project budget and agree detailed cost plan with the Senior Commercial Manager for agreement with the professional team.
- Advise client on procurement routes available.
- Prepare and monitor Bid Package Tender Schedule.
- Advise on product selection, specifications and assist with value engineering exercises.
- Advise on selection of Works Contractors.
- Attend and if necessary chair meetings with the design team and with works contractors.
- Manage the change process in conjunction with the extended team.
- Instruct accounts to pay subcontractors and suppliers
- Prepare ‘rolling’ final account throughout project and agree at PC
- Close out financial account and retention releases
- Prepare final account reconciliation (CVR), create regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report for Interior directors responsible
- Internal reporting via billing monitors, MCR’s and interim CVR’s
- Bilingual in Flemish and English is preferable but not essential
- This project will suit a Senior Commercial Manager with a professional and proactive manner who has a genuine desire to develop management skills on a project that will incorporate many work activities not often encountered on Interior projects.
- Previous experience of successfully carrying out the Commercial Management role on a large project, £50 M + and its delivery within the time and budget constraints to a high quality.
- Mechanical & Electrical experience
- Preferably previous experience of construction work on existing buildings.
- Recognised qualification in a building related subject
Keywords: Commercial Management, Commercial Manager, Budgets, Financial Procedures, Cashflow, BID, Tender, Belgium, Brussels, Data Centre, Data Center, Datacentre, Datacenter, Mechanical, Electrical, MEP