Lead Civil Structural and Architectural Engineer
Up to £90,000 + travel allowance + full package
Real Estate firm which specialises in the Datacentre market are seeking a Lead CSA Engineer with a background as an Architect or Senior Civil / Structural Engineer to work from their London or Amsterdam office. Joining the newly formed Technical team you will lead on all Civil, Structural and Architectural engineering issues across the full life cycle of hyper-scale datacentre facilities including design, build and on-going management.
Providing a strategic overview your responsibilities will include;
- Accountable for the quality and delivery of CSA system output from the client organisation and the respective external and internal teams.
- Act as client representative subject matter expert in interfacing with external parties and the end user.
- Undertake reviews at key project stage gates to ensure the CSA element is of the highest standards, fit for purpose, buildable and cost effective.
- Lead the creation of the client’s brand of internal fit out standard, external look and site planning for major projects.
- Engage directly with supply chain to challenge the norm and develop innovative solutions to provide the world class product considering: technical performance, buildability and scalability.
- Engage and coordinate with all other key stakeholders to ensure the product is designed and coordinated in the most efficient manner. This includes the End User’s requirements in spatial use, occupancy and logistics of both people and operations.
- Comfortable with decision making and leading technical teams consisting of internal employees, outsourced consultants, contractors.
The successful Lead CSA Engineer will report into the Technical Director becoming the technical expert for all Civil, Structural and Architectural throughout the building’s full life cycle with involvement through Design, Build and Operation. This will also lead to finding a way to develop and improve the entire Design and Build process in order to reduce the lead time of the product. The position suits a technical expert in Architecture or Civil Engineering who has gained experience within the design, build or operation of large-scale technical builds. You will also hold the following;
- Degree educated in a related Architectural, Civil or Structural Engineering subject,
- Hold Chartered Engineer status or be close to securing,
- Gained experience at different stages of the building life cycle be it design, build or on-going operation,