Seeking an intermediate electrical design engineer to join the London office of a global engineering consultancy. Based from their prestigious London office you will work with a highly qualified team of Building Services Engineers engaged in major projects across the UK, Europe and the Middle East. The London office’s client portfolio crosses the Workplace, Datacentre, Financial, Pharmaceutical and Education sectors, with engineers provided with opportunities to work across multiple sectors.
The position suits an electrical engineer who is confident in the use of the latest calculation software and BIM packages, and whom is driven by the desire to expand their technical ability to CEng level and progress their career to become a Senior Engineer and beyond. Reporting into an Electrical Associate Director you will be fully involved in the design of electrical building services systems for major projects with duties to include;
* Agree design duties with your line manager,
* Assist Group Leader with CAD resource requirements.
* Carry out detailed design, production of tender documents, site snagging and witness testing.
* Liaise with the design team to co-ordinate detailed designs and agree manufacturers and samples.
* Maintain good client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
* Assist Group Leader with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
To be considered candidates will be able to demonstrate at least 2 years electrical design experience working within the building services industry and be able to undertake computer modelling and direct the production of CAD production. You will hold formal qualifications to at least HNC / HND level in a related subject such as Building Services or Electrical Engineering. Additionally, you will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and be able to use relevant software such as Amtech and Revit.