Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Up to €42,000 + package
Candidates from an Instrumentation and Controls background will enjoy working for a leading Engineering consultancy in the heart of Dublin. Be involved on projects in the Data Centre & Biopharma sectors as well as on specialist building services in the Government, Educational, Healthcare & Leisure sectors. Fantastic opportunity to join a growing organisation and develop your technical engineering skills.
Following a recent acquisition, this leading M&E Consultancy is now part of Global Leader in the design of Data Centre facilities continues to grow and go from strength to strength. With an unrivalled client portfolio and extraordinary staff retention figures of over 90%, they are seeking to further grow their team in Dublin area to manage their high workload. Join this market leader to grow and develop your career.
Duties will include:
- Specifying and procurement of process & BMS field instrumentation
- Development of I/O lists and instrument indexes
- Designing of control systems, schematics and drawings in the process, biopharma, datacentres and building services industries
- Development of instrument datasheets from concept through procurement
- Participate in HAZOPs, ATEX reviews, SIL assessments and Interlock reviews
- Development of Functional Specifications (FS) and User Requirements Specifications (URS) when required
- Development of system architecture for new Control Systems
- Working with automation contractors in developing solutions/systems
- GAMP5 lifecycle and 21CFR Part 11 Compliance
- Establish automation and controls systems scope of work
- Site work, dealing with clients / electrical contractors
- Attendance at site meetings, construction and commissioning support
- Estimating values of both completed works and where required approximate values of any additional works.
- Working with, lead and coach younger engineers and co-workers
- Adherence to quality standards and attention to detail ad accuracy
- Working with bus technology – Fieldbus, Profibus, Devicenet, Ethernet IP, etc. and familiarity with DCS/PCS, BMS and PLC systems.
- Over 5 years’ experience in a consulting engineering office or in an engineering role within a manufacturing company with a heavy design emphasis.
- Relevant level 8 I&C qualification
- Possess excellent technical skills and written ability, be motivated and enthusiastic, be commercially aware
- Proficient in CAD and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with BIM/Revit systems would be beneficial.
- Candidate has held a similar position previously in his/her career.
- It is imperative that the successful candidate be fully conversant with current Irish Regulations e.g. ET-101:2008 (National Rules for Electrical Installations).