Engineering Design Manager
£55,000 – £70,000
Leading consultancy in the data centre market are openly seeking to take on Engineers at Senior up to Associate level who are looking to take the next steps in their career into design management in one of the fastest growing industries
Recognised within the top tier of built environment engineering consultancies our client, a partner led international practice, are currently designing some of the most technologically advanced data centres in the world.
Their mission critical division are renowned for their technical expertise, regularly researching breakthrough solutions to reduce energy consumption while maintaining building resilience on critical systems/data centre projects in Europe up to 100 MW in size.
- You will be responsible for the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary projects. This involves managing the design teams, acting as the point of contact for all parties involved in the project (e.g. client, contractors, sub-consultants), and ensuring communication and project collaboration between the various channels is managed effectively.
- You will manage the design delivery, submissions, risk management, planning and progress monitoring whilst also ensuring the client objectives are understood and met.
- You will also be responsible for the management and control of all design management tools used on the projects such as programmes, schedules and trackers of client
- The Design Manager role within our team structure is typically equivalent to a Principal Engineer role and the successful candidate will be given many opportunities to develop their career further.
- BEng in appropriate engineering discipline desirable
- MCIBSE/MIEE/IMechE Professional Membership desirable
- Chartered Engineer status desirable
- Proven experience intaking a project requirement, typically for a new hyperscale availability zone comprising of one to three sites from the real estate due diligence phase to 100% design phase in circa a 20-25 week timescale period desirable
- Experience in project management and MEP engineering track record with some experience of data centres or other heavily engineered buildings e.g. pharma, process, hospital