Competitive salary + package
Engineers from a Mechanical or Electrical design background will enjoy working for a growing Design Consultancy engaged heavily within the Data Centre market. Manage cross discipline design for a major client in the Data Centre industry in their Design Management team, gain unique exposure into this buoyant market and become an industry recognised specialist in Data Centre design management.
Having gone through a period of growth over the last couple of years, this expanding Design Consultancy – headquartered in London – have grown into the European Data Centre market with great success. With a strong client portfolio and huge pipeline of work, this is a fantastic opportunity to work closely with one of their main clients, developing your knowledge in MEP design within the Data Cenre market.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Owns a subset of the design process and interacts with Architectural, Mechanical and Electrical Partners (MEPs), and other design partners to deliver assigned components of world class datacenters with a strong focus on technical excellence, mission critical resilience and cost management
- Contributes to the development of globally standardized tools, techniques and processes for the management and reporting of the design process
- Works with peers in other regions to ensure consistency and technical excellence on design and delivery practices and methodologies
- Maintains interpersonal relationships with client technical staff, other design consulting partners, construction management, commercial management
- Manages internal and external resources via their influence and competencies to assist in the development of assigned designs
- Manages a portion of the design schedule for assigned projects to ensure on time creation and review of Basis of Designs (BODs), Real Estate Investment Committee (REIC) Submissions, and design documentation for Issued for Permit (IFP) and Issued for Construction (IFC) sets
- Works hand-in-hand with construction managers, GMs and subs to deliver projects during construction once the design phase is completed and ensure projects are fully documented and closed out
- Experience in a Design MEP Firm, ideally working on Data Centre projects or other related Mission Critical facilities
- Strong Spanish building regulation knowledge
- Degree qualified in relevant Engineering field
- Fluent in English and German