Truly a unique opportunity for a Critical Engineering Manager / Technical Services Manager to join a start-up within the Datacentre Developer / Operator space, which is fully backed by a global multi-billion-pound business. Developing a new business model, they are partnering with some of the world’s top tech firms, providing completely outsourced hyper-scale datacentre facilities. Their offering starts from site planning & acquisition through datacentre design & construction, facility management and on-going ownership of the asset. Head quartered in London they are already engaged on a hyper-scale facility in mainland Europe, and their business plan is to build 8 hyper-scale datacentre facilities across Europe by 2024.
Joining as a Technical Engineering Manager the successful individual will join the newly established Facility Management Team reporting into the overall FM Operational Lead in Holland. Their first hyperscale datacentre facility is due for completion in early 2020, so initially you will work alongside main construction team of contractors & designers acting in a review and supervisory capacity during the design & delivery of the project, ensuring the finished facilities meets the operational needs. Your role will then transition into taking ownership of technical M&E operation of the completed datacentre. Overall responsibilities will include the following;
* Ensure all operational aspects are considered and communicated during Design & Construction,
* Work alongside the Main Construction team to prepare for handover, ensuring site quality control procedures are in place.
* Assist in the development of maintenance processes and procedures for the M&E Engineering Services,
* Owner and development of processes to facilitate smooth operation of Data Centre,
* Assist Campus Operations Manager and Commercial Director in development of other relevant processes,
* Development and implementations of SLA agreements for FM service provider,
* Full ownership and revision control of EOP / SOP,
* Assist in development and ensure compliance with scenario training for ISG DCO and FM provider. Critical feedback on improvements to be provided to ensure readiness of Operations team,
* Development of Audit scope and schedule for internal Data Centre Operations team. Audit will cover all critical processes essential for the continued successful operation of the Data Centre,
* Contribution to the selection & appointment of FM Service Provider,
* Development of audit scope & schedule for FM Service Provider,
The position is open to individuals who possess a degree in a relevant engineering subject such as mechanical, electrical or building services engineering, and whom possess at minimum of 4 years working in the FM / Building Services industry with some exposure to the critical facilities market. You will also be able to demonstrate experience in the delivery of technical projects that have a bias towards building services.