Ref: CU - 01631_1564669866
Major construction firm seeking a BIM Manager to be project/site based and have responsibility for the day to day BIM activities and actions for the construction of a Hyperscale Data Centre Construction project. Working closely with the project/site team and design team members to ensure successful BIM delivery from ‘cradle to grave’. Reporting on a daily basis to the relevant project manager but direct line responsibility being Head of BIM.
Roles and responsibilities
* Chair BIM co-ordination meetings along with the Design Manager, this may include such activities as ‘live’ walkthroughs, clash detection, problem solving, co-ordination or special issues.
* Maintain BEP throughout the working life of the project and quality check model and data entries are compliant with set standards.
* Managing the processes, workflows and procedures for successful information exchange on project work.
* Assist and track project outputs such as data drops.
* Tracking of all team models and data to programme and ensuring timely delivery.
* Establish a common data environment where necessary or applicable and interface with all relevant parties.
* Validate model compliance against BEP, RIBA stages and agreed data drops.
* Model coordination and interrogation, ensure models work together (federate as necessary), maintain master model, ensure information remains interoperable, clash detection, quality checks, data conversion.
* Connect BIM to site activities and be instrumental in its adoption and execution.
* Identify, capture, export and report key data from working models.
* Actively work on models where necessary to overcome scope gaps and to smooth process.
* Creating visuals from models for team use or to proactively highlight issues.
* Promote BIM.
* Manage the process and information transfer to the projects FM platform and team (6D). ie Archibus, Zutec etc.
* Manage the deployment and smooth running, at site level, of BIM360 software/processes.
* From a Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health background, design or construction. Architectural or structural experience would also be an advantage.
* Creative and independent thinker with problems solving skills.
* Proactive and enthusiastic in encouraging and nurturing a BIM project team.
* Excellent communicator.
* Good management and organisational skills.
* Quality focused.
* Proven BIM track record including authoring tools.
Working knowledge and understanding of:
* PAS1192 pt 2 & 3
* CIC BIM protocol
* IFC and other commonly used data exchange formats
* Common Data Environment
* Autodesk Revit MEP inc worksets, families and template files
* Autodesk Navisworks Manage inc Timeline
* Autodesk Autocad CADmep aka Cadduct
* Autodesk BIM360 an advantage
* Other CAD or BIM software experience would also be beneficial but not essential including Asta power project