Associate Sustainability Engineer
International Engineering Consultancy engaged on a wide range of projects throughout the world are seeking a Sustainability Engineer to become the first member of their Sustainability and Building Physics design team in their Dublin office. This team, already established from their other UK offices, is at the heart of the built environment’s response to the climate and ecological issues.
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate and motivated engineer to join their team in Dublin, to work on some of the most exciting sustainable design projects in Ireland and around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working under the guidance and supervision of more experienced staff, you will develop your existing knowledge and skills in energy modelling
- Play a key role in the development of energy and sustainability strategies for new build and existing buildings.
- Building physics and parametric modelling
- Design for performance/passivHaus, predictive energy modelling and operational energy assessments (TM54 and DfP)
- Planning and Building Regulations
- Bespoke sustainability services
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering qualification at Bachelor’s degree level or higher in a relevant discipline
- Proven technical competence and experience
- Some experience of representing a business or team at internal and external meetings
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team, and to lead and motivate others
- Proven ability to plan and programme own work and that of others
- Demonstrable ability to delegate to others, and to provide appropriate and timely feedback
- Evidence of progress towards achieving recognition as a Chartered professional