Associate Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to £80,000
London (remote work for now )
Seeking an Associate Mechanical Design Engineer to join an emerging Building Services Engineering consultancy in their London office. Savvy engineers are sought after with a clear progression opportunity available for the right candidates.
You will be joining a strong team of engineers engaged, primarily, on projects within the Critical Environment. Reporting to the Directors of the practice, you will be given the autonomy to take responsibility for your own projects within this rapidly expanding team.
- Produce engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate technical software
- Prepare technical reports in accordance with clients’ briefs
- Attend and participate in internal and external project meetings
- Correspond with external third parties (e.g. clients, contractors, architects and/or manufacturers) regarding information and technical queries
- Delegate work to Technicians and/or Graduate Engineers as required, and provide feedback on completed work
- Maintain awareness of the performance of projects against agreed project plans and budgets, at a level appropriate to role
The ideal candidate for the role will have the following:
- Mechanically biased with experience working with complex HVAC systems, chilled water systems, BMS etc.
- Experience working on critical systems projects to include data centre, pharmaceutical, hospital, or other clean room environments
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline – Alternatively relevant industry experience
- Chartership with a relevant institute is preferred but not essential
- Experience attending site and design meetings independently
- Ability to work autonomously without supervision
- Relevant Qualifications i.e. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Ideally of chartered status.
- Previous experience within a consultancy environment.
- Ability to manage and track numerous projects simultaneously.
- European language skills are highly advantageous (French / German)
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanour and think clearly in a difficult, stressful or troubling situation.
- Excellent communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients.
- Ability to understand/produce detailed technical drawings.