Associate Electrical Design Engineer
Up to £80,000
Our client are Global specialists in delivering smart solutions to complex engineering projects , with around 10,000 employees in more than 200 countries worldwide. Their Critical Engineering Division are seeking to appoint an Electrical Building Services Design expert.
Operating as an Electrical Associate you will play a leading role in ensuring the successful delivery of innovative electrical design solutions for some of the most notable and large-scale data centre projects across the UK and Europe.
- Lead the conceptual design of complex electrical systems that fulfil the client’s brief,
- Take responsibility for the technical control of projects, ensuring electrical designs are technically sound,
- Review and verify designs produced by direct reports and/or other team members, providing feedback as required and signing off designs before they leave the Practice,
- Carry out electrical engineering role from concept design to completion on site, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are met
- Monitor direct reports’ progress and development and provide feedback, support and guidance,
- Manage & develop relationships with existing and prospective clients,
- Ideally will hold a relevant engineering degree and possess extensive experience as an Electrical Engineer in the design of electrical & power systems ideally in the data centre / critical systems context (electrical distribution / power systems etc).
- Your technical knowledge will incorporate most of the following; EHV, HV, MV to Low Voltage incorporating high voltage equipment, power generation equipment, UPS plant, low voltage switchgear and power control and monitoring systems and additionally, you will be able to demonstrate experience in leading electrical engineering teams.
Electrical design engineer, data centre, data center, critical environment, critical systems, design, ups, bms controls, datacentre, datacenter, mission critical, HV, LV, switch gear, back up power.