Associate Electrical Design Engineer
£40 – £50 per Hour
Mission Critical Engineering Division of a Global Engineering Consultancy are seeking to appoint an Electrical Building Services Design expert.
Operating as an Electrical Associate you will play a leading role in ensuring the successful delivery of innovative electrical design solutions for some of the most notable and large-scale data centre projects across the UK and Europe.
You will take responsibility for the operational management of the electrical engineering division, leading client engagement on electrical engineering subjects and providing technical leadership to a team of electrical design engineers.
- Establish & develop client’s brief and agree deliverables,
- Lead the conceptual design of complex electrical systems that fulfil the client’s brief,
- Take responsibility for the technical control of projects, ensuring electrical designs are technically sound,
- Review and verify designs produced by direct reports and/or other team members, providing feedback as required and signing off designs before they leave the Practice,
- Monitor direct reports’ progress and development and provide feedback, support and guidance,
- Manage & develop relationships with existing and prospective clients,
- Ideally will hold a relevant engineering degree and possess extensive experience as an Electrical Engineer in the design of electrical & power systems ideally in the data centre / critical systems context (electrical distribution / power systems etc).
- Your technical knowledge will incorporate most of the following; EHV, HV, MV to Low Voltage incorporating high voltage equipment, power generation equipment, UPS plant, low voltage switchgear and power control and monitoring systems and additionally, you will be able to demonstrate experience in leading electrical engineering teams.
What’s on offer working for this global engineering consultancy?
- International career opportunities across their network of offices in UK, Dubai, Asia and Australia
- Work for an Employer where you will be empowered with responsibility and fully supported in your professional development,
- The chance to play a leading role in the development of unique spaces for some of the World’s leading organisations.
Electrical design engineer, data centre, data center, critical environment, critical systems,
design, ups, bms controls, datacentre, datacenter, mission critical, HV, LV, switch gear, back up power.